In the majority of homes, you will come across a variety of common plumbing tools that can be used to fix typical plumbing problems like obstructions to the drain. There are however, some problems that arise that do not just require the assistance from a skilled plumber as well as specific equipment. It is essential that specific tools are employed for certain issues to avoid any further damage and fix the issue properly. Below are some tools that are used to repair plumbing problems:
- Pliers: The majority of homes are equipped with various kinds of pliers.Pliers are used for various plumbing jobs in order to protect against damage. Pliers are frequently employed for tasks such as tightening and loosening various kinds of fittings or nuts and locking fittings or pipes into the proper place while solderingdrain repair Toronto.
- Pipe Wrench The pipe wrench is among the most frequently used tools by plumbers.It is simple to spot since it’s extremely heavy and massive. It is utilized to hold and grasp an pipes fitting. It’s a great tool to use to remove large caps and nuts, such as the cap that is on the basic septic system. The pipe wrench is typically used for large and heavy steel and iron pipes since it could damage smaller delicate pipes.
- Plunger The plunger is a typical plumbing device that can be used in almost every home.There are a variety of plungers that are available. It is best to select the most durable and strong plunger, which can be found at plumbing supply stores and hardware stores. The most common use for it is to remove clogs from toilets but is also effective in clearing bathtub drains. The plunger’s body is an elongated bell-shaped device made of rubber which is positioned on top of the drainage hole at one side and is connected to the handle made of wood that measures around 2 feet in length.
- The Sink Auger tool can be used to remove obstructions that are deep within the drain of the sink and tub drain.It’s comprised of a flexible, long cable with a steel auger on one end which can be utilized to break down and clear the tough obstructions. It is possible to turn it to grab and break the obstruction. It was designed to serve different reasons as compared to the toilet auger. It is not recommended for use for drains in the toilet.
- Auger for the Toilet or Closet Auger also known as a Closet Auger Toilet Auger or Closet Auger auger is an instrument which slides through the drain of the toilet to search for, break the clogs that are in the drain.It is made for different reasons as compared to the sink auger. It is not recommended for use to drain the sink.
- Teflon Tape: This tape is crucial to prevent leaks in threaded plumbing joint connections.The flexible, inexpensive and thin tape can be used to make sure that pipe threads are connected, such as in connection to water lines. It can also be used to stop air and gas from leaks from threaded connections.
There are a variety of common plumbing issues that one can fix themselves by using right plumbing tools like clearing a toilet. However, when it comes to more serious issues, the use of specialist tools and training are required. In these situations professional assistance from an experienced plumber is required since they are equipped with the appropriate equipment and know-how to fix the issue in a timely and professional way.